Pages

a little bit of randomness

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: A Reflection

Let's be honest for a second here... I didn't really do much in 2011. Nor did I expect much. All I wanted was to get by school. And I did just that. But just for fun, I'm going to refer back to my list of resolutions to see how many I've /almost/ completed. 


1. I will update this blog more.
Clearly, that was a fail from the beginning.

2. Stay off Facebook
I'll give this a 50%. I'm on it when I need to be... or when I'm feeling a stalkerish mood.

3. Meet new people, Make new friends
Hey look! Something that I did do. Yeah, even though they aren't really my "friend friends." I suppose the people in my classes are my acquaintances. I swear whenever I'm friends with someone from my classes, people always think I've been friends with them FOREVER. 

4. Be healthy
This one never stood a chance.

5. Learn more and Read more
YES! DING! I DID THIS. I'm so proud of myself. Well I'm kinda behind on my Wired and Time readings because of finals and stuff. But I'm going to dedicate a day to read them all! No worries. Anyways, I'm currently reading A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. Such a frigging long book.

6. Be the best version of myself that I can be
I don't really know if I can be the judge of this. But, I believe that I really did stay true to my character. Even if I was a total bish towards the end of the year. 


So, here are my NEW 2012 New Years Resolutions:

This year I'm going to keep it short (heh, that's what she said). I think that 2012 is my year for change. 

1. Try new things
In other words, be spontaneous. I mean.. I used to be spontaneous before.. why can't I do it now?

2. Be healthy
Let's just keep this for the sake of keeping this in my mind.

3. Be the change you want to be
In 2011, I was the best person that I could be. Now, I want to take action for the person that I am. I'm sure I can accomplish this once I've done some volunteer work in Vietnam this summer. I'm looking forward to that the most in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment