Pages

a little bit of randomness

Sunday, February 14, 2010

happy new year!

CHUC MUNG NAM MOI!

For the past two days have been a frenzy, filled with happiness, dissapointment, then laughter. It is all in the culture of the New Lunar Year. I can separate this into TWO (yes TWO) days of celebration. Each day ending with exhaustion. I am writing this blog now while watching my beloved BOYS OVER FLOWERS. (which i am on episode 18 if anyone is wondering)

Day 1 (02/13/09): Tet Festival
Sadly, me and my VSAers were ready to volunteer on that day. But *cough* some jerks told us that we needed a call to "volunteer." This totally pissed me off for like a while. I mean we turned in those forms on time and did everything they said we should. Then he said we were probably one of those people who "did not pay attention." Uh sure. Sure. Anyways, we got over it. But NEW rides had to be arranged because we were expecting to volunteer for a good 8 hours. Anyways, we were there anyways, why not have a little fun? (boo. no free shirt/ticket) YAY for free commercialized stuff! And here are some pictures of my adventures: (taken with my camera phone)

This is the stage at the Tet Festival. SO MANY PEOPLE!
YUM. MY FISHBALLS (:

The Cauldron thing with FIRE !

The Cauldron again:

Some statue I found mildly amusing:

Caption: "I CHOOSE YOU PIKACHU!" (P.S like the Vietnam in the back?)

The tents!

WOOHOO we made it on the magazine! (even though we did not even volunteer)

Then after I went to my grandparent's house where I had some MORE food.
This is a picture of the soup before it was devoured:
And then I proceeded to eat Hu Tieu: (with meatballs and xa xiu):


Day 2 (02/14/09): Valentines Day / New Years
I don't even know why I woke up at 2:35 PM. Like I think I was having this cool game-dream where I was in a jungle. Anyways I spent 3 hours watching the Winter Olympics. (so entertaining) I didn't feel like doing much today. (Which I should be doing homework) Blahblah. I went to my grandparents house again. AND YET DEVOURED MORE FOOD AND GOT MORE MONEY. (this is the life)

EGG ROLLS!

Banh Bot Loc Before Unwrapping:

Banh Bot Loc After Wrapping (SO GOOD):

Then finally, I stopped eating after I ate my bowl of PHO! (so Viet so Viet):


And after waiting for my food to dissociate in my stomach. We then played Bo Cua Ca Cop, where I lost a bunch of money :( YOU LET ME DOWN FISH/DEER!


Then played some game where we count the cards. (I forget what it's called) And now I am home watching BOF.
OH YES. the valentines aspect of this day. Absolutely nothing. None. Nada. NIL. ZILCH. Yes that is how lonely I am. :/ Oh if only. Oh wait. There is GU JUN PYO. And now back to my BOF!

No comments:

Post a Comment