Pages

a little bit of randomness

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Hunger Games Triology Review

First off, I wanna say... I LOVE THIS TRILOGY.

1) If you don't like reading... READ THIS BOOK
2) If you don't have the book... GO OUT AND GET IT
3) If you can't read... HAVE SOMEONE READ IT FOR YOU


Honestly, I haven't enjoyed reading THIS much since the Harry Potter Series. THAT is how awesome these books are.




From the website the "summary" of this book is as follows:

Twenty-four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives.

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying fight to the death – televised for all of Panem to see.

Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love.


I read this trilogy in THREE DAYS. THREE BOOKS THREE DAYS. Freaking page turner. It may not be the most "original" idea... But the fluidity and excitement of this book takes the cake. It has a mixture of sci-fi, ROMANCE, action, and mystery. There are plenty of plot twists and turns. And I feel like you really do connect with some of the characters and sometimes feel their frustration. *cough* KATNISS *cough* I don't wanna ruin anything for anyone that might want to read the book, so I'll leave it at that. And I don't even have the words to rave about this enough.

I feel like they will make this trilogy into a series. AND I HOPE AND PRAY TO THE LORD that they do not mess up with the casting and script writing. Otherwise, they will expect an angry letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment